The Biblical Perspectives in Leadership Research Roundtable aims to provide a discussion and research forum for scholars, researchers, practitioners and ministers that work in leadership from a biblical perspective.
About this Roundtable
Representing the multidisciplinary fields of biblical, social-science, historical and leadership studies, the Biblical Perspectives in Leadership Research Roundtable hopes to explore, engage and extend the field of knowledge and understanding of the phenomenon of leadership as found within the contexts of the Hebrew and Christian scriptures.
The following are a few of the topics that the Biblical Perspectives in Leadership Research Roundtable hopes to explore:
- The use of exegetical methods to explore leadership
- The relationship between scripture, faith, theology and leadership
- Models of biblical spirituality and leadership
- Models of tribal and other forms of leadership in the Pentateuch
- Models of ruling, leadership, governing and organizational structures in the history of early Israel
- Leadership values in the wisdom writings of the Hebrew scriptures
- The relationship between prophecy and contextual leadership in the prophetic material of the Hebrew scriptures
- Comparative studies of leaders and leadership models across the Hebrew and Christian scriptures
- Historical studies of leaders in the Hebrew and Christian scriptures
- Group dynamics in the Gospels
- Historical Jesus and leadership research
- Pauline perspectives in leadership
- Organizational design and dynamics in the early faith communities of the Christian scriptures
- Follower-leader relationships in the Christian scriptures
- Organizational and leadership values in the Christian scriptures
- Models of spiritual and leadership formation in the Christian scriptures
- Models of future studies and strategic foresight in the apocalyptic material of the Hebrew and Christian scriptures
To stimulate scholarly debate and a free flow of ideas, the proceedings from the Biblical Perspectives in Leadership Research Roundtable will be posted online and papers of high quality will be considered for the Journal of Biblical Perspectives in Leadership (JBPL).